Partnership with the Franklin County Consolidated School Third Grade
The St. George Island United Methodist Church partners with the Franklin County Consolidated School in support of the faculty, staff, and students by partnering with the school’s four third grade classes.
- Provide prayer support to the teacher, students and their families
- Provide financial support to purchase supplies, holiday decorations, etc., as needed
- Adult from the church to read to students
- Provide coats, shoes, etc., to a child in need and on an as needed basis
- Mentor students identified as needing help with reading, etc.
- Help with special occasion parties because many times there is limited parent participation if any
- Volunteers read to students and also help with crafts and snacks like cookies and juice on a monthly basis
- Provide age appropriate books for the classroom library
- Provide speakers to introduce the students to different occupations